5 reasons for Push-to-Talk over Cellular in hazardous areas
Businesses that have hazardous areas are under increasing pressure to improve operational efficiency without compromising safety.
An application that can provide a direct benefit is Push-to-Talk over Cellular (PoC or PTToC).
ecom is a leading global provider of integrated solutions and mobile computing and
communication devices for use in hazardous areas.
With the explosion-proof 4G/LTE-capable Android smartphone Smart-Ex® 01, the world´s first Zone 1/21 and DIV 1 tablet Tab-Ex® 01 ecom enables a variety of PoC applications.
1. PTToC is a cost-effective and feature-rich alternative to existing Land Mobile Radio installations.
Smart-Ex® 01 and Tab-Ex® 01 enable the usage of PTT over LTE and WiFi networks.
2. With PTToC mobile workers don’t have to carry their explosion-proof mobile device and i.e. a handheld radio. All-in-One solutions reduce business’ hardware costs and also increase the efficiency and productivity of workers in the field.
3. Analysts can interpret the data in realtime and make immediate decisions on whether an asset or a process needs to be adjusted.
4. In case of an accident mobile workers can be located and retrieved via Lone Worker Protection (LWP). This reduces the workers exposure to risks, improving the overall safety of operations.
5. PTT devices can be highly customized to set up devices so that the employee only has access to the applications he needs for his work tasks and is legitimized to use.